[council] TODAY'S MOTION - Metrics and Reporting Working Group Charter

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jan 23 17:13:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a question on the charter.  For some reason I could not find it
yesterday to be able to ask.  It concerns the assumptions:

> This is a non PDP working group and as such
> is not creating new policy, but rather building
> best practices for consideration. If recommendations
> inherently contain new policy, then a formal PDP process
> would be recommended in conjunction with that recommendation.
> This should not preclude considering recommendations that
> include substantive policy changes for consideration.

I do not understand how the last two sentences work together and aren't
a contradiction.  Figured since I was going to ask in the meeting, I
might as well aske before.

Also in general if it is not creating recommendations for contractual
Consensus Policy but rather recommendations that have policy
implications for ICANN practice, why can't this group make policy
recommendations?  I don't understand.

thanks

avri