[council] Russia's new "local storage" law adds to the mix

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Thu Jul 24 17:07:15 UTC 2014

All,

On our call this morning, Thomas offered to catalog the ways in which practices, policies and contracts at ICANN may rub wrong the laws of nations.  Though we decided to not conduct the exercise (saving Thomas a lot of time), now comes fresh evidence that the problem, however big it is now, is only going to get bigger.  Here is a link to a story about the new local storage law in Russia:http://www.securityweek.com/russian-lawmakers-pass-new-bill-restricting-internet-data-storage

Cheers,

Berard