[council] IGO INGO Final Issue Report & Motion for Council

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jun 5 13:34:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks.

I knew it was in there, and I was just missing it.

I was also pretty sure the acronyms were included for consideration but
could not find the quotables.

One point, while I support the inclusion of draft charters in the issues
report, in fact think I took part in making the recommendation, I did
not expect that either:

- there were the final charters
- that they would not be separated from the issues report to be free
standing and open to edits, if necessary.  A final issue report is not
amendable by the council, yet a charter ought to be.  These charter
offerings in the issues report were supposed to suggestions and open for
change. this is part of the need to balance the convenience of a staff
produced charter and possible restrictions of a staff produced charter.

So thanks for separating it into a separating document.  If possible I
would like to ask that this be made a general practice before the next
vote for charter approval and that it be referenced specifically in the
motion.  If possible I would like to ask that the charter motion be
amended for this technicality.

thanks

avri