[council] Regarding Observer status for PDP WGs and the fellowship Program

Gabriela Szlak gabrielaszlak at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 06:12:24 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Thanks a lot Marika for yesterday´s presentation on GNSO PDP improvementes.

I did not want to add more time to our meeting yesterday as we were late
but I would like to suggest something (on my personal capacity as I did not
discuss this yet) regarding the proposed "observer status" for WGs:

I believe we can work together with the *Fellowship program*, and maybe
propose to add as part of the fellowship experience, the need to
participate in at least one working group *as observer* to be elegible for
subsequent rounds of the fellowship program (and why not report to the
other fellows on the experience... or something in that line that would
also offer for us feedback from newcomers to be able to use to keep
improving). Just thinking while writing... As fellows, we are asked to do a
report on the fellowship experience, after each meeting, to be elegible for
next rounds, so this can be easily added to a "package" of what is
currently required.

I believe this experience of being an observer in a working group will make
more tangible part of the learning process for the fellows and will benefit
the community in the process. (with feedback from newcomers to help us
improve + potential new valuable members for future pool of active
participants)

We did a special session with fellows in Singapore together with Amr on PDP
Wgs participation, and many fellows showed interest in the working groups.
I am confident that offering to them the chance to be an observer might be
well received and productive in terms of capacity building and engagement.

Just to share the current impact of the Fellowship Program in terms of
engaged participants, here are some statistics; 19 Fellows in GAC including
Vice Chair Tracy Hackshaw, At Large now has a Fellow Chair and Vice Chair
of APRALO: Siranush Vardanyan and Ali Almeshal, ALAC members Tijani
BenJamma, Fatima Canbronero, ALAC member and ccNSO Liaison to ALAC Maureen
Hilyard, GNSO Council Gabi Szlak (BC) Amr Elsadr, Magaly Pazello
(NCUC,) Nom Com appointees to ALAC Leon Sanchez and Beran Gillan, ccNSO
appointee Celia Lerman, NCUC members Marilia Maciel, Magaly Pazello, Shahzad
Ahmad, Jahangir Hossain (NPOC as well), Joao Carlos Rebello Caribe, Imran
Ahmed Shah, Amr Elsadr, Baudouin Schombe, Blaise Arbouet, Dwi Elfrida
Martina, Ephraim Percy Kenyanito, Fouad Bajwa, Ganeswar Sahoo, George Asare
Sakyi, Grace N Mutung’u, Hanen Idoudi, Hago Elteraifi Mohamed Dafalla, Hassan
Zaheer, Kadian Alicia Davis, Kashif Akram, Kinfemicheal Yilma Desta, Lyndel
McDonald, Mamadou LO, Mohab Altlaity, Naveed Ul Haq, Oksana Prykhodko,
Paramanandan, Pascal Bekono, Patricia Senghor, Peters Osawaru Omoragbon, Philip
Adar, Roxana Radu, Salieu Taal, Seun Ojedeji, Shefqet Meda, Virginia
(Ginger) Paque, Walid Al-Saqaf, Walusungu Gondwe, Yuanyuan Guan (Leslie)Wisdom
Kwasi Donkor, Wilson Abigaba as well as members of the ccNSO.

I would llike to hear other´s thoughts on this, thanks for your feedback!
Gabi

*Gabriela Szlak *

*Skype:* gabrielaszlak

*Twitter: @*GabiSzlak

La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial.
The information in this e-mail is confidential.