[council] Theresa Swinehart on the Creation of the President's Global Advisory Groups

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Mar 1 09:01:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

The reason I did not quote directly and used the paraphrased
construction I did, is because I do not believe they yet gotten to the
stage of asking forgiveness though in time they may.

Just as there are five stage of grief, there may be five stages of Oops!
(Theory to Be Developed)

Might be better phrased as:

"It is better to give an excuse later than ask permission"

(-;
An aside: the original quote is attributed to Grace Murray Hopper, a
most distinguished woman in our field, and not from the Junior
Space-Rangers. Unfortunately I do not have the specific reference at hand.
)

cheers from Geneva,
land of juxtaposed words and ambiguous phrases, signifying nothing.

avri