[council] virtual conference -- Bret Faucett was only 10 years ahead of his time -- maybe this platform would work for ICANN?

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Mon Mar 3 13:05:54 UTC 2014

hi Volker,

i agree, this couldn’t replace the big meetings yet (although i hope it can in my lifetime).  but i’d be really interested to try this for some of the smaller inter-sessional meetings that are often foregone because it’s just too expensive to get people together.

one of the things that intrigues me about a gizmo like this is the integration of the virtual environment with VoIP conversations.  Brett had a Bar built into his environment, the hope being that people could go hang out there between sessions and strike up those very conversations you’re talking about.

we’re probably a decade too soon for complete replacement, but maybe as a supplement?

mikey