[council] Conversation Wrap-Up & Next Steps

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu Mar 6 11:38:14 UTC 2014

Agreed and thanks from me too.  Good points Mikey.

The issues Mikey raises and related points were some of the concerns I felt
with regard to the work of the MSI panel.

Indeed, whilst my original mail below referred to the GNSO in parts, when I
have used "we", I mean the Council.

A couple of other background remarks in that may help here:

1.       The MSI Panel based used a couple of primers to inform and
normalise their understanding

a.       The ICANN Primer
http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/strategic-engagement/multistakeholder
-innovation/primer-20nov13-en.pdf

b.      The ICANN Primer - Technical & Business Functions
http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/strategic-engagement/multistakeholder
-innovation/primer-tech-business-20nov13-en.pdf

2.       I gathered from my conversations with the Gov Lab people that they
had made particular efforts and felt that one or more staff had made good
steps forward in understanding the GNSO.

Thanks again,

Jonathan