[council] Preliminary Issue Report on IGO & INGO Access to the UDRP & URS has been published for public comment

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Mar 11 07:53:53 UTC 2014

Dear Councilors,

This is to inform you that the Preliminary Issue Report that was requested
by the Council - regarding possible amendments to the UDRP and URS to enable
their use by IGOs and INGOs ­ has been published for public comment:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/igo-ingo-crp-prelim-10mar14-en.h
tm

As ICANN49 is coming up, the public comment period has been extended beyond
the minimum 30 day period such that the Initial Comment Period will close on
14 April, over two weeks after the end of the Singapore meeting. The Reply
Period opens on 15 April and closes on 6 May ­ while we hope that initial
comments will be sent in by 14 April, we will be happy to continue to
receive comments through the Reply Period as well.

We would be grateful if you can help disseminate the information and link
above to your respective groups and communities.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director