[council] FW: Conversation Wrap-Up & Next Steps

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:41:48 UTC 2014

Dear Jonathan, Dear fellow council members

Greetings and Thanks for the update Jonathan!.

I do not know how the other Councillors feel, but I find the
developments and the attitudes displayed by this Panel quite alarming as
it just simply rides roughshod over the role and function of the GNSO at
least as far as I understand them. My simple question is: "Should the
GNSO not take stronger measures in order to ensure that the GNSO and the
multi stakeholder model is not undermined and replaced by "expert"
panels. I think we should go to extraordinary measures to defend the
multi stakeholder model, imperfect as it is. We owe it to our
constituencies and those who voted for us. Talking to the Board about
it, participating in meetings with the Panel whose outcome is pre
determined and nobody really listening, does not seem enough to me at
this moment. They just will do what they want to do if they are not
forced to listen.  It might be time to man and women and barricades
against the expert panel hordes? Is the GNSO such a push over that it
takes just some ill informed, but well funded, academics to render it
impotent? I hope not! Our position should be: either everything that is
recommended and implemented by any of the panels goes through the full
GNSO procedures, or the GNSO steps down as it has lost his function. I
know some say that the recommendations will go through the GNSO pdp, but
the words, attitudes and actions of the panels clearly indicate otherwise.

I sincerely hope that it is the case that I am completely wrong and over
reacting at this point, because that would mean one huge problem less.

Yours

Klaus