[council] Universal Acceptance session at ICANN49

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Mar 17 16:24:12 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, as some interest has been expressed in this important issue,
I thought you and your constituents might be interested in a session on
Universal Acceptance of All TLDs scheduled for the ICANN meeting in
Singapore. It will be held on Monday 24 March from 15:15-16:45 Singapore
time. You'll see from the attached abstract and format that plenty of time
has been set aside for discussion and audience Q&A; in addition, since this
is an issue that goes beyond ICANN and will require collaboration with
industry vendors, we will also have Google and Microsoft representatives on
the panel.

The session is co-sponsored by the ccNSO-GNSO Joint IDN Working Group and
the ALAC IDN Working Group. We hope that many GNSO community members will be
able to attend and participate in the discussion.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director