[council] Crowdsoucing a performance review of the CEO

John Berard john at crediblecontext.com
Fri Mar 21 21:53:50 UTC 2014

All,

As you know, I have previously suggested that the Council create the opportunity for the full community to offer input to a performance review of the CEO.

Separate from what the Board is likely doing as Fadi nears his second year in office (to be marked at the London meeting if you assume a Prague meeting start or Los Angeles if Toronto is more accurate), I propose we issue a call for contributions from the community that can be forwarded to the Board.

I suggest ways ask those contributions address feedback on how Fadi has done delivering on the four objectives to which he committed in Toronto:

1. Affirm the purpose of ICANN

2. Operational excellence and quality

3. Internationalizing ICANN

4. Evolve the multi a stakeholder model

As he said, these four objectives led to 16 goals, 50 initiatives and 156 programs.

It may be that the Council is not the perfect entity to manage the call, collection and distribution of community comment, but we are in a position to identify and work with whomever we think is best suited.

In Prague, when Fadi introduced himself to the community, he said he was/"driven by building consensus," "all about inclusion," admitted he had been "reproached" for acting unilaterally in the past and wanted to "work at mutual understanding."

A call for comment in review of his first two years in office can help Fadi do just that.

I propose we discuss this at our open hour at noon today or during the Board prep session later in the afternoon.

Cheers,

Berard