[council] Brazil's Marco Civil approved by Chamber of Deputies!!

Magaly Pazello magaly.pazello at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:35:20 UTC 2014

Dear counselors,

I would like to share a great news for us Brazilians here in ICANN, after
nearly four-years battle, "Marco Civil da Internet" (Internet's Civil
Rights Framework) was approved by the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies. In the
case someone would like to know a little bit more here a short text in
English with an evaluation of the approval of Marco Civil, the text was
written by Luiz Moncau and Pedro Mizukami from CTS/FGV:
http://infojustice.org/archives/32527

The ex-minister of Culture and staunch militant for the cause, Gilberto
Gil, just posted on twitter: "Vencemos! O #MarcoCivil foi aprovado!! Por
uma rede neutralizada,liberdade de expressão e proteção à privacidade!"
("We won! #MarcoCivil has been approved!! For net neutrality, freedom of
expression and protection of privacy!")

This victory must also be shared shared with all friends around the world
who supported this fight keeping it on the agenda all though the years.

Cheers!

Magaly Pazello