[council] Working Groups for non PDP purposes

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu May 8 19:46:28 UTC 2014

Hi all, this distinction has been discussed in the Policy & Implementation
Working Group, which is currently beginning to explore possible criteria
and other processes that may be suitable to use when the GNSO is asked, or
wishes, to provide ³policy guidance² outside a PDP. In addition, it may be
useful to note that the current WG Guidelines are not limited to just PDP
WGs; as Avri noted, these WGs would not follow the Bylaws-mandated PDP
steps of Issue Report etc.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong