[council] Working Groups for non PDP purposes

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu May 8 21:12:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Why wouldn't the 50%+1 be enough?  That is the threshold for all non
by-laws determined votes.  I think it is higher than some PDP thresholds.

I am thinking of this at first for resolving any of those issues that
are sent by the Board with tight deadlines where we need bottom-up
opinion, and I think one of the major recommendations they could make,
other than answering questions is the recommendation to council of
whether the issue is policy or not.  If it is policy, then we need to go
to PDP and the WG can recommend an issues report.

Just trying to find a way to use the tools we've got to do the work we get.

I am not trying to pre-determine the recommendations of the P&I, but it
will be a while before we have their recommendations.  And possibly we
can provide them with some real life examples of what to recommend or
not recommend.

avri