[council] Fwd: Tweets from "GNSO"

Reed, Daniel A dan-reed at uiowa.edu
Thu May 29 14:20:47 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delay in responding -- off on a bit of holiday after the end of the school year ...

Avri, it seems to me that it is important to have a forum/account where the GNSO speaks ex cathedra (i.e., where official positions (resolutions) and official informational links are communicated).  This seems like the role of the chair (Jonathan, with support from the staff).  If I understand you, that was what you were wanting to protect.  I completely agree with that.

What I was attempting to say was that I think we would also benefit from a single location where all the council members could express (a) professional opinions and (b) positions of the groups they represent.  I say this because it isn't always easy for us, and certainly not for others, to track down all the various venues in which we individually communicate (Twitter, Linkedin, other social media, blogs ...).  I would certainly benefit from that, and I suspect others would too.  We can clearly do that via this email stream, but we do not have (to my knowledge) any other shared forum to share perspectives with the public/community.
One of the virtues of Twitter is its brevity, and maybe a shared account for us would be of benefit.

My final, general observation is that more sharing is good -- especially in this crucial transition period

Just a few thoughts ...
Dan