[council] FW: NomCom appointee skill sets

Edward Morris emorris at milk.toast.net
Sat Nov 1 06:30:06 UTC 2014

Thank you for your comments Brian.

-In the end, I think it would be great if more folks in leadership positions
within ICANN exhibited a demonstrated comprehension (and better yet, a
commitment toward the protection) of intellectual property law.

Whereas I think it would be wonderful if those in ICANN, including those in
the IPC, demonstrated an understanding of the historical limits of
intellectual monopoly protection, and exhibited recognition of the
unjustifiable expansion of said protection during the first decade and a
half of the ICANN experiment.