[council] FW: NomCom appointee skill sets

Edward Morris emorris at milk.toast.net
Sat Nov 1 07:01:59 UTC 2014

Hello Susan.

- At the end of the day consumer protection, insuring that the domain name
system is safe and secure, should be one of our highest priorities.

I agree with you that consumer protection is a justifiable and proper
rationale for the creation and extension of intellectual monopoly rights and
has been deemed so in Anglo-American jurisprudence, at least, since the
Bakers Marking Law of 1266. We may on occasion disagree with the structure
and scope of such rights but I'm delighted there seems to be some practical
agreement on the purpose of the rights themselves.

-We could restructure the list

International law which includes the following:
     Data protection
     Privacy
     Consumer rights
     Human rights
     Competition law
     Intellectual property law

I think this is a fine and practical proposal that I support.

Thanks so much for your contribution.

Regards,

Ed