[council] Re: Request from IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection WG

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Nov 18 14:27:03 UTC 2014

Thanks, James and Mason.

In this particular instance, it will likely be sufficient for now for Mason
to sally forth as the GNSO-GAC liaison, re-emphasizing that in that role he
is facilitating an early engagement/dialogue between the two bodies on an
issue of mutual importance. From the WG¹s perspective, at this point he¹s
more of an ³official envoy² than a representative of anyone¹s substantive
views on the matter, since the WG still needs to work through the
substantive questions, hopefully with more helpful input coming back from
the GAC.

The WG will be requesting that an agenda item on the next Council meeting be
given over to Mason, to provide an update on the WG¹s work (and decisions)
to date as well as any progress with the GAC. As Susan is the new Council
liaison to this WG, perhaps she and Mason can work together on the update,
and if she is willing she can also be on hand to assist Mason should he
reach a point in his interaction with the GAC where that would in his view
be helpful?

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong