[council] Flow chart - gTLD Registration Services PDP

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 2 12:58:07 UTC 2014

Hi

I do not remember when the PDP process changes that required the rights
impact analysis be included in issues reports went into effect.  Was
that rule in effect at the time the first Issue report was done.

In any case, I want to make sure that the Final issues report covers any
rights impact that the EWG report may introduce that were not already
discussed in either the EWG final report of the first Preliminary issues
report.

As for including the charter, given that I think it needs to be a
revision of the preliminary and various consideration have not been
framed to drive the the charter, I would think not in that preliminary
issues report.  But I can see including a proposed charter in the final
that was produced.

It would work out to something like:

Preliminary issues + EWG final -> revised Preliminary issues ->
comment period -> Final issue including a proposed charter
-> council approval of charter &c.

For parallelism, a drafting team could work with policy staff to produce
the draft charter during the comment period interval as they could watch
the comments coming in.  They could even start sooner. once the path
forward was established.

thanks

avri