[council] Motion for the creation of CWG-IG

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Oct 3 15:32:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

Please find a motion for approving the charter of the CWG-IG as was
discussed at our last meeting.

Since James and I worked on this, I have added his name as seconder but
he needs to either accept or reject that.

Note the last item in the motion:

> 4.  As the charter calls for each of the chartering organizations to
> appoint a co-chair for the group, the GNSO Council appoints  <name
> here> to serve as a member of the CWG-IG, to serve as the GNSO
> co-chair of the CWG-IG, and to serve as GNSO Council liaison to the
> group.

We need to decide which name goes here.  Does no necessarily need to be
the same person for co-chair and liaison.  Rafik Dammak is a current
co-facilitator for the group from the GNSO side.

Thanks

avri
--

Adoption of a Charter for a Cross Community Working Group  to discuss
Internet governance (CWG-IG) issues affecting ICANN and make

Made by: Avri Doria
Seconded by: James Bladel (?)

Whereas,

    This group was initiated in December 2013 in response to a call from
ICANN CEO and has been working informally since then;

    The group has developed the charter found at
<https://community.icann.org/x/ryufAg> [attached];

    This charter has already been approved by ALAC, ccNSO and SSAC.

Resolved:

The GNSO Council approves the Charter
<https://community.icann.org/x/ryufAg>.

Each  GNSO Stakeholder Group will identify one member to serve on the
CWG-IG by 15-October-2014  taking into account the charter requirement
that best efforts  should be made to ensure that members:

    - Have sufficient expertise to participate in the applicable subject
matter;

    - Commit to actively participate in the activities of the CWG-IG on
an ongoing and long-term basis; and

    - Where appropriate, solicit and communicate the views and concerns
of individuals in the organization that appoints them.

3.  The GNSO will collaborate with the other SOs and ACs to issue a call
 for observers to join the CWG-IG, each in accordance with its own rules.

4.  As the charter calls for each of the chartering organization to
appoint a co-chair for the group, the GNSO Council appoints  <name here>
to serve as a member of the CWG-IG, to serve as the GNSO co-chair of the
CSG-IG and to serve as GNSO Council liaison to the group.