[council] ALAC Liaison to the GNSO

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Oct 5 18:05:03 UTC 2014

Thanks Avri. Although technically not a Council "member", I believe I
am the longest serving "something", both in cumulative and consecutive years.

I should have pointed out, for those who are moderately new to ICANN
or the GNSO, that Cheryl has an "interesting" history. She is of
course the outgoing NomCom chair, and in the past has been ALAC
Chair, ALAC Liaison to the ccnSO and I believe a ccNSO member
(representing .au).

In addition, she has been working on a wide variety of GNSO
activities over many years. A sampling include the re-write of the
GNSO Operating Procedures, a number of PDPs and currently Cross
Community WG - Implementation Advisory Group for Competition,
Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice, Cross Community Working Group on a
Framework of Principles for Future CWGs, Cross Community Working
Group on the Use of Country and Territory Names as TLDs,
GNSO Policy and Implementation Work Group and GNSO non-PDP Data &
Metrics for Policy Making Working Group (Co-Chair).

As far as I can tell, most of the teleconferences she attends are in
what most people would consider the middle of the night in Australia...

Alan