[council] GNSO Council resolutions 15 October 2014
Glen de Saint Géry
Glen at icann.org
Wed Oct 15 23:50:40 UTC 2014
Below are the resolutions taken by the GNSO Council today, 15 October 2014
1. Adoption of the IRTP Part D Final Report and Recommendations
1. On 17 January 2013, the GNSO Council launched a Policy Development Process (PDP) on IRTP Part D [http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions - 201301<http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions#201301>] addressing the following six Charter questions:
a) Whether reporting requirements for registries and dispute providers should be developed, in order to make precedent and trend information available to the community and allow reference to past cases in dispute submissions;
b) Whether additional provisions should be included in the TDRP (Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy) on how to handle disputes when multiple transfers have occurred;
c) Whether dispute options for registrants should be developed and implemented as part of the policy (registrants currently depend on registrars to initiate a dispute on their behalf);
d) Whether requirements or best practices should be put into place for registrars to make information on transfer dispute resolution options available to registrant;
e) Whether existing penalties for policy violations are sufficient or if additional provisions/penalties for specific violations should be added into the policy;
f) Whether the universal adoption and implementation of EPP AuthInfo codes has eliminated the need of FOAs.
2. This PDP has followed the prescribed PDP steps as stated in the Bylaws, resulting in a Final Report delivered on 25 September 2014;
3. The IRTP Part D WG has reached full consensus on the 18 recommendations in relation to the six issues outlined above;
4. The GNSO Council has reviewed and discussed these recommendations.
Now therefore be it resolved,
1. The GNSO Council recommends to the ICANN Board of Directors the adoption of the IRTP Part D recommendations (#1 to #18) as detailed in the IRTP Part D Final Report [http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/transfers/irtp-d-final-25sep14-en.pdf].
2. The GNSO Council shall convene an IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team to assist ICANN Staff in developing the implementation details for the new policy should it be approved by the ICANN Board. The Implementation Review Team will be tasked with evaluating the proposed implementation of the policy recommendations as approved by the Board and is expected to work with ICANN Staff to ensure that the resultant implementation fulfils the intentions of the approved policies. If the IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team identifies any potential modifications to the policy or new policy recommendations, the IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team shall refer these to the GNSO Council for its consideration and follow-up, as appropriate. Following adoption by the ICANN Board of the recommendations, the GNSO Secretariat is authorized to issue a call for volunteers for an IRTP Part D Implementation Review Team to the members of the IRTP Part D Working Group.
2. Adoption of a Charter for a Cross Community Working Group to discuss Internet governance (CWG-IG) issues affecting ICANN and make recommendations to the chartering organization on these issues
1. This group was initiated in December 2013 in response to a call from ICANN CEO and has been working informally since then;
2. The group has developed the charter found at http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-ig-charter-20may14-en.pdf
3. This charter has already been approved by ALAC, ccNSO and SSAC.
1. The GNSO Council approves the Charter http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/ccwg-ig-charter-20may14-en.pdf
2. The RrSG, the RySG, NCSG, BC, IPC, and ISPC will each identify one member to serve on the CWG-IG by 22-October-2014 taking into account the charter requirement that best efforts should be made to ensure that members:
- Have sufficient expertise to participate in the applicable subject matter;
- Commit to actively participate in the activities of the CWG-IG on an ongoing and long-term basis; and
- Where appropriate, solicit and communicate the views and concerns of individuals in the organization that appoints them.
3. The GNSO will collaborate with the other SOs and ACs to issue a call for observers to join the CWG-IG, each in accordance with its own rules.
4. As the charter calls for each of the chartering organizations to appoint a co-chair for the group, the GNSO Council appoints Rafik Dammak to serve as a member of the CWG-IG, to serve as the GNSO co-chair of the CWG-IG and to serve as GNSO Council liaison to the group.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you very much.
Glen de Saint Géry
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council