[council] Volunteers requested - GNSO Council liaisons
James M. Bladel
jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Oct 24 13:22:56 UTC 2014
Agree with Amr, just trying to be as transparent as possible.
I believe I can continue to represent my stakeholder positions on this PDP, while faithfully relaying any issues that need to be raised before the Council. And I am confident that other volunteers on this PDP (including other registrars) will speak up if they believe I am not doing a good job in this regard. :)
Sent via iPhone. Blame Siri.
On Oct 24, 2014, at 07:16, Amr Elsadr <aelsadr at egyptig.org<mailto:aelsadr at egyptig.org>> wrote:
When James had mentioned that he wouldn't mind liaising with the PPSAI PDP WG, he also mentioned that he was actively engaged in it. I understood that to be some sort of disclosure on his part.
When I volunteered to liaise with the translation & transliteration of contact information PDP WG, I should have probably done the same. I'm not sure if there is a conflict of interest in being actively engaged with a PDP WG and acting as liaison between that WG and council, or not. If so, I'd appreciate a heads-up.
On Oct 24, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>> wrote:
One of the items of the wrap up meeting was finding volunteers for the different liaison positions that have become vacant due to people stepping down from the GNSO Council. You'll find below a list of working groups / efforts in need of a liaison and a list of those that volunteered during the wrap up session. If there are additional volunteers for these efforts, please feel free to share your interest with the list. As a reminder, the main objective of a liaison is to be able to assist the WG should there be any issues or questions for the GNSO Council as well as being able to address any questions the GNSO Council may have in relation to the effort. Furthermore, a liaison facilitates the submission of documents and motions once the WG has completed its work.
* Curative Rights Protections for IGO/INGOs PDP - volunteer: none to date
* Data & Metrics for Policy Making - volunteer: none to date
* Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP - volunteer: James Bladel
* Translation & Transliteration PDP - volunteer: Amr Elsadr
* Geographic Regions WG - As the effort is wrapping up, Cheryl Langdon-Orr volunteered to keep the Council up to date as she will take over the leadership for this group.
* CWG on a Framework for CWG Principles (co-chair position) - volunteer: John Berard (John has volunteered to stay on as the GNSO Co-Chair for this effort)
* CWG to develop a framework for the use of country and territory names as TLDs (co-chair position) - volunteer: none to date
* GNSO Council liaison to the ccNSO - volunteer: Thomas Rickert
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council