[council] FW: GNSO Liaison to the GAC

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Fri Sep 5 10:01:42 UTC 2014

FYI

From: Jonathan Robinson [mailto:jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com]
Sent: 05 September 2014 10:59
To: Heather.Dryden at ic.gc.ca
Cc: manal at tra.gov.eg; olof.nordling at icann.org; 'Glen de Saint Géry'
Subject: GNSO Liaison to the GAC

Heather Dryden

ICANN Government Advisory Committee

Dear Heather,

I am pleased to be able to inform you that, following our GNSO Council
meeting yesterday, the GNSO proposes to appoint Mason Cole as our GNSO
liaison to the GAC. The term runs until the end of the current ICANN
financial year (30 June 2015).

As you will be aware, the appointment of a GNSO Liaison to the GAC is a
pilot project associated with early engagement of the GAC in GNSO Policy and
the concept arose from ongoing work of the GAC GNSO Consultation Group,
co-chaired by Manal Ismail and myself.

The original call for candidates is available here:

Together with Mason and the GNSO Council Vice Chairs, I very much look
forward to working with you and your GAC colleagues on this pilot project.

We believe that a critical first step is to ensure that the role is mutually
well understood at the outset and that we have common expectations and we
hope to meet with you soon in order to discuss this.

Please feel free to revert to me with any questions or feedback of any
description.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan Robinson