[council] ICANN Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-Systems.net
Wed Apr 1 16:48:54 UTC 2015

Dear fellow coucillors,

noting that ICANN has a few weeks ago posted the Draft budget for the FY
16 for public comment. In as much as it may affect our role as the
manager of the policy development process, there may be potential for
the council to participate as well.

At the last meeting, we noted that the funding of the staff support for
the policy making function of ICANN, i.e. the main role of the GNSO
seemed rather low.

I also noted that the outreach for new stakeholder participation seems
to focus on academic and educational targets, whereas I would suggest
ore expert knowledge from more practically oriented fields might be
helpful, such as inviting and offering to fund data protection officials
for participatory roles.

I propose we review the draft budget with respect to its effect on our
role and consider responding with a joint comment, if needed.

--

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann
- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:
www.facebook.com/KeySystems
www.twitter.com/key_systems

CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.