[council] - Preliminary Issue Report - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Aug 25 22:42:01 UTC 2015

Dear Councillors,

this is to let you know that I have brought up the question on today's
ALAC call and with 10 ALAC members present (quorum achieved) the Chair
conducted a *consensus call* on the topic.

Due to the importance of the Topic, the ALAC would prefer a longer
Public Comment that would respect the customary blackout periods before,
during and after an ICANN meeting.
As the topic is of interest to many of ICANN's communities including end
users, the ALAC would welcome being able to discuss the topic in Dublin
- perhaps as a High Interest Community Topic, as part of the Public
Forum or at some point on Constituency Day.
The work process is likely to take years - from the ALAC's perspective,
it would be imprudent to try to rush it through consultation phases.

Warm regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council