[council] Council Way Forward on Accountability Proposal

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Fri Dec 18 15:49:36 UTC 2015

Fellow Councilors - and especially James, Heather, and Donna:

As I had to leave yesterday's extended Council call a few minutes before it concluded, I am wondering whether any structure/schedule was agreed to for our consideration of the 3rd CCWG-ACCT Proposal in our role as a Chartering Organization?

Will we be scheduling additional calls to consider key aspects of the Proposal, especially those that elicit comments expressing concern or suggesting modifications? How will we handle drafting of a Resolution expressing Council's view on behalf of the GNSO? And what is our target date for reaching a final decision?

For the record, I am available and willing to participate in calls next week (suggesting that any such call be after 12/21 to allow time for review of submitted comments) and during the first week of January.

>From December 26-January 3rd I shall be on vacation and intend to unplug from the grid to the maximum extent possible.

>From January 9-13 I and 900-plus other members of the domain community will be attending NamesCon and I will have limited availability to join any call. I am departing the conference in the middle of its last day so that I can participate in the tentatively scheduled January 14th Council call.

Thanks and best regards,
Philip