[council] FW: GNSO Council Meeting with ICANN Board

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Sun Feb 8 01:21:18 UTC 2015

From: Jonathan Robinson [mailto:jrobinson at afilias.info]
Sent: 07 February 2015 22:47
To: Steve Crocker (steve.crocker at icann.org)
Cc: 'Bruce Tonkin'; 'marcus.kummer at icann.org'
Subject: GNSO Council Meeting with ICANN Board

Dear Steve,

As you will be aware, we have not had the opportunity to discuss the GNSO
Council meeting with the ICANN Board ahead of time.

The Council discussed our meeting with the ICANN Board at our meeting today
and felt that we could usefully discuss some or all of the following items:

-          TOPIC 1:  UPDATE & DISCUSSION - Working with the ICANN GAC
(Jonathan Robinson & Mason Cole)

o   The GAC / GNSO Consultation Group

o   Prospective processing of the Communique for policy issues

o   GAC Communique from LA dealing with two letter SLDs

-          TOPIC 2: DISCUSSION - ICANN Meetings & Board interaction &
engagement with community  (Jonathan Robinson & Heather Forest)

o   Board role in the community and interaction with the community at ICANN
meetings

o   Board thoughts on the structure & effectiveness of “community days” i.e.
Tuesday

o   New meeting strategy – issues & concerns (especially in current
Transition context)

§  Board plans within the new meeting strategy e.g. Meeting B

o   Council strategy and other sessions – involvement of board members

-          TOPIC 3: BRIEF UPDATE AND/OR DISCUSSION - Other items

o   A CWG on use of ICANN Auction proceeds

o   Budget allocation to policy related activities (5%?)

o   Universal acceptance of new gTLDs

o   Further rounds of new gTLDs – Any updates?

o   Adopting the final result of CCWG Accountability?

I am sorry that we have not had the prior opportunity to discuss this
interaction ahead of the meeting and hope that this will not impede our
ability to have a productive interaction.

Best wishes,

Jonathan