[council] Revised comments on the NomCom Recommendations from the Board Working Group

Tony Holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 4 20:30:53 UTC 2015

Hi Ed

Its disappointing that you’re unable to support the revised document as it was only updated to align with the input received by 31st December, as agreed during the last Council call.

I did indicate before the holiday that I’d only received input from Avri up to that time and would update the document to reflect that if no other input was received by the 31st. The amended document therefore only reflects that request. If you had a problem with changing the document in that manner, that was the time to flag that, particularly as it was also agreed voting would follow very quickly once the comment period was closed (31st December).

>From the ISPCP perspective and I would suspect other Constituencies as well, we would also prefer the original text, but the agreement was the final version should reflect all requested changes received prior to the 31st. If your view, or members of your Constituency strongly differed from Avri’s request then it needed to be stated before the closure of that comment period. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

To be fair the only person who gave any indication that different opinions may exist within the NCSG was Avri!

Regards

Tony