[council] Message from the Policy & Implementation WG Co-Chairs

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu Jan 29 20:11:48 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find below a message from J. Scott Evans and Chuck Gomes in their capacity as co-chairs of the Policy & Implementation Working Group.

Best regards,

Marika

Dear GNSO Councilors,
Hopefully all of you are aware that the GNSO Policy & Implementation WG posted its Initial Recommendations Report on 19 January for public comment: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/policy-implementation-2015-01-19-en. The WG would like to take advantage of the in-person opportunities in Singapore to answer questions people may have about the report, especially the principles and recommendations in the report.
Our understanding is that there will be a 30-minute working session scheduled on Saturday to discuss the report. We believe that the session would be most valuable if it could be a Q&A session rather than a presentation session, so we would like to encourage you and your respective groups to read the report and come prepared to ask any questions you have. Note that, amongst others, the WG is recommending three new GNSO processes that we believe can the fill the gaps that the GNSO has experienced in recent years when the GNSO is asked for advice in cases where a full blown PDP is not required or may take too long.
Here is a direct link to the report: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/policy-implementation/pi-wg-initial-recommendations-19jan15-en.pdf .
We look forward to responding to your questions.
J. Scott Evans & Chuck Gomes, P&I WG Co-chairs