[council] FW: [soac-discussion] Human Rights in ICANN

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Fri Jun 19 20:31:06 UTC 2015

All,

FYI.

Jonathan

From: William Drake [mailto:william.drake at uzh.ch]
Sent: 19 June 2015 17:14
To: soac-discussion at icann.org
Subject: [soac-discussion] Human Rights in ICANN

Hello

As some of you know, a cross-community WP on ICANN and human rights was formed subsequent to a meeting we held on Constituency Day in London. Two sessions will be held on Wednesday here in BA.  In the event anyone is interested, I thought I’d bring to your attention that one of NCUC’s members, Article 19, has just released an initial report on the issues, which will inform the Wednesday discussion.  It is at http://www.article19.org/resources.php/resource/38003/en/issue-report:-icann%27s-human-rights-obligations <http://www.article19.org/resources.php/resource/38003/en/issue-report:-icann's-human-rights-obligations>

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer