[council] FW: GNSO Council Resolutions 24 June 2015
Glen de Saint Géry
Glen at icann.org
Thu Jun 25 12:00:33 UTC 2015
From: Manal Ismail
Sent: jeudi 25 juin 2015 07:40
Subject: RE: GNSO Council Resolutions 24 June 2015
Many thanks Glen .. And here is the relevant part of the GAC Communique ..
"2. Meeting with the Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO)
The GAC met with the GNSO and noted the application of the new "quick look" mechanism related to the development of an issues paper on future directory services; and the value of more regular inter-sessional conference calls between the GAC and GNSO leadership groups. The GAC supported an extension of the pilot scheme of a GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC.
GAC welcomed the development by GNSO of a mechanism for responding to GAC advice so that the Board receives a clear indication of GNSO policy that is relevant to such advice.
There was an exchange of views on the respective GAC and GNSO approaches to the work of the Cross Community Working Group to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions (CWG-Stewardship) and the Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability (CCWG-Accountability)."
From: gac-gnso-cg-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gac-gnso-cg-bounces at icann.org> [mailto:gac-gnso-cg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Glen de Saint Géry
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:59 PM
To: 'gac-gnso-cg at icann.org'
Subject: [Gac-gnso-cg] FW: GNSO Council Resolutions 24 June 2015
Please find the resolution passed at the GNSO Council meeting today, Wednesday 24 June 2015.
1. Extension of the term of GNSO Liaison to the Governmental Advisory Committee
1. As part of the discussions within ICANN between the GNSO and GAC, on how to facilitate early engagement of the GAC in GNSO policy development activities, the option of appointing a GNSO liaison to the GAC was proposed as one of the mechanisms to explore and implemented as a one-year pilot program in FY15 on the recommendation of the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group.
2. The GAC and GNSO Council agreed that additional time was needed to fully evaluate this pilot program and as such requested, and received, support for continuing the pilot program in FY16.
3. Mason Cole has been fulfilling the role of GNSO Liaison to the GAC and has indicated that he is willing to continue in this role for FY16.
4. This mechanism will be evaluated at the end of FY16, by both the GNSO Council and the GAC, to determine whether or not to continue in either in the same form or with possible adjustments based on the feedback received.
1. The GNSO Council hereby extends the term of Mason Cole to the role of GNSO Liaison to the Governmental Advisory Committee until 30 June 2016.
2. The GNSO Council Leadership Team will co-ordinate with Mason Cole as well as the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on the continued implementation of this role.
1. should any questions or issues arise before that time.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Glen de Saint Géry
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council