[council] Motion to implement the recommendations of the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Wed Mar 4 20:11:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would have been happy to second this motion, but Phil was quicker on the draw than I was. :)

I do have one question, though. When the motion refers to an “end of this trial period”, what exactly is the end?

Is it the end of the issue scoping phase of the third PDP a Quick Look Mechanism (QLM) Committee actually tackles? Or is it the end of the third PDP in its totality taking into account the QLM’s effectiveness (or lack of) in encouraging GAC continued engagement in the PDP? This could also take into account the GAC’s engagement in the PDP during the following phases beyond the issue scoping, should a QLM Committee determine that there is or may be public policy implications?

Another meaning for “end of this trial period” may be three consecutive PDPs whether or not the GAC actually succeed in creating a QLM Committee to look into the issue scoping phase.

Just trying to get a clear picture in my head on what the metrics of success associated with this motion may be from a GNSO perspective. They are probably different depending on what is meant by the “end”.

Thanks.

Amr