[council] GNSO Council resolutions 19 March 2015
Glen de Saint Géry
Glen at icann.org
Fri Mar 20 10:16:27 UTC 2015
Please find the resolutions passed by the GNSO Council in its meeting on Thursday, 19 March 2015.
These are also published on page:
Council confirmed the selection of the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (PPSAI) Working Group for a facilitated face-to-face meeting at ICANN53 in Buenos Aires.
Motion to implement the recommendations of the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group in relation to Issue Scoping on a trial basis
1. In March 2014 the GNSO and GAC formed a joint consultation group (CG) to explore mechanisms to facilitate GAC early engagement in GNSO Policy Development Processes.
2. As per its charter, the CG's deliberations have focused on two tracks, namely 1) a mechanism for day-to-day ongoing cooperation and 2) a mechanism for GAC early engagement in the GNSO PDP
3. As part of its deliberations on track 2), the CG put forward a set of preliminary recommendations concerning the issue scoping phase of the PDP which were reviewed and discussed by the GAC and the GNSO during the ICANN52 meeting in Singapore
4. The GAC noted in its Communiqué (ICANN52), that 'The GAC met the GNSO and agreed, on a trial basis and subject to ongoing adjustments as necessary, to a mechanism proposed by the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group for early engagement at the issues scoping phase of the GNSO Policy Development Process (PDP). This includes formation of a GAC Quick-Look Mechanism Committee. The arrangements will allow for an early indication in the PDP of whether the issue has a standing GAC advice and whether it has public policy implications, and hence is of interest to the GAC. It will also enable the GNSO to factor this in and the GAC to prepare input to be provided at the relevant stages of the PDP. This would not limit the GAC's existing ability to give advice to the ICANN Board'.
5. Based on these discussions and input received, the CG recommends that the GAC and GNSO Council implement these recommendations on a trial basis, in order to assess their effectiveness in facilitating GAC early engagement in the GNSO PDP.
6. In the meantime, the CG will continue its review and deliberations on the other phases of the GNSO PDP, which may result in further proposals of additional recommendations for consideration.
1. The GNSO Council agrees to jointly implement with the GAC, the preliminary recommendations by the CG concerning the issue scoping phase of the PDP as outlined here http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/gac-cg-issue-scoping-27jan15-en.pdf on a trial basis for a minimum of 3 consecutive GNSO PDP's immediately following the adoption of the motion.
2. Following the end of this trial period, the CG is expected to report back to the GAC and GNSO Council on the effectiveness of these recommendations as a result of the experiences gained during the trial period. Furthermore, the CG is expected to make a recommendation as to whether or not the preliminary recommendations concerning the issue scoping phase of the PDP should be permanently implemented, either in their current form, or with possible modifications based on the further work of the CG including experience gained during the trial.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Glen de Saint Géry
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council