[council] Final Issue Report on a Next-Generation gTLD Registration Directory Service to replace WHOIS and Motion

Susan Kawaguchi susank at fb.com
Wed Nov 4 19:45:50 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Hope everyone traveled home safely from the Dublin meeting and you have had time to catch up.   We agreed to defer this motion at the Dublin meeting due to concerns with the charter.  Please share any comments / edits on the charter as soon as possible with the mailing list so that these can be discussed and hopefully addressed in a way that works for all ahead of the next meeting.   I have also updated the motion to reflect the concerns that a call for volunteers within 10 days of approval of the motion would place a burden on the community.    I have added language that states the call for volunteers should be initiated January 4th, 2016.   (this is the first business day of 2016).

Looking forward to your comments and edits.

Best regards

Susan Kawaguchi
Domain Name Manager
Facebook Legal Dept.