[council] FW: [Soac-infoalert] CCT Review Team Endorsement Process - DUE 17 DECEMBER

McGrady, Paul D. PMcGrady at winston.com
Tue Nov 24 14:44:59 UTC 2015

Thanks Wolf-Ulrich.  I’d like to understand why we would limit our nominations to just one applicant per Stakeholder group for a total of 4 from the GNSO.  Are the other SOs and ACs adopting the same limitations?  Is this an ICANN requirement?  It seems to me that the GNSO will be disproportionately affected by the outcomes of the CCT Review, so unless self-limiting is required, I guess I don’t see the upside and would prefer to endorse as many candidates as possible and just have the various groups lobby one level up for their people.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!

Best,
Paul

Paul D. McGrady Jr.

Partner

Chair, Trademark, Domain Names and Brand Enforcement Practice

Winston & Strawn LLP
35 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601-9703

D: +1 (312) 558-5963