[council] Final Issue Report on a Next-Generation gTLD Registration Directory Service to replace WHOIS and Motion

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Oct 12 22:40:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

If my issue about the charter is the only issue, then perhaps it can be
taken care of in an amendment.  But I really think the council needs to
do its due diligence on the Charter before just jumping into a multiyear
PDP that is more complex than any other PDP in a while other then,
perhaps, the new gTLD PDP.

This is a multistage, multiply threaded PDP that the council is going to
have to manage.  I am leaving the council after Dublin, so it won't be
my chore, but I really do advise taking the time to review the charter
in detail.  So yes, I would recommend a charter draft team take the
charter and make sure it really mandates something the council thinks it
can manage.

That and deal with the few items left out of the charter because there
was disagreement among the commenters.

avri

---