[council] ICANN Travel Support for 1 additional GNSO attendee to LA Meeting of CCWG - 25 & 26 September

Winterfeldt, Brian J. BWinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com
Wed Sep 16 17:03:12 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues:

Greg Shatan has also expressed interest in receiving funding to attend the CCWG meeting in LA.  In support of Greg's bid, I would note the following, as provided by Greg:

*         I have been a very active participant in the CCWG-Accountability.  I joined at the beginning, and I have attended roughly 84% percent of the calls/meetings, more than any non-member except the funded ATRT expert (Avri Doria) and one other participant.  I believe that I have been an active and helpful contributor to the work of the group as well (not merely attending for attendance's sake).

*         I've also volunteered for both WP1 and WP2 and participated in the vast majority of both group's meetings and in the creation of the output from those groups.

*         I also volunteered for the Legal Subcommittee and was active in that group as well.

*         I am currently actively involved in WP4, dealing with the potential Human Rights bylaw and underlying rationale, etc.

*         I have been very active on the mailing lists for each for each of the above groups as well

*         As a member of the CWG-Stewardship, I can provide a valuable perspective and assist with issues of linkages and dependencies

*         I believe I can be particularly useful on legal matters, as I have worked with the lawyers in both the CWG and CCWG, and I am a practicing US lawyer myself (but I believe I have learned how to facilitate our counsel's work and the work of the CCWG while not overplaying the "lawyer card")

*         IPC members who are participating in the CCWG-Accountability have urged me to apply for this slot

Thank you for considering Greg for this opportunity.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian J. Winterfeldt
Co-Head of Global Brand Management and Internet Practice
Mayer Brown LLP
bwinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com<mailto:bwinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com>
1999 K Street, NW
Washington, DC  20006-1101
202.263.3284 direct dial
202.830.0330 fax

1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York  10020-1001
212.506.2345 direct dial

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.