[council] RE: ICANN Travel Support for 1 additional GNSO attendee to LA Meeting of CCWG - 25 & 26 September

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 16 17:27:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I do support this approach. And I do think there are objective criteria.

I think that first we should confirm whether any of the heavy
contributors like WP leads, rapporteurs & authors from the GNSO have a
way to be there.

It not we can judge based on degree of participation, like meetings
online attended and written contributions as you suggest.

avri

On 16-Sep-15 12:29, Jonathan Robinson wrote:

> All,
>

> An update. I understand that there is more than one expression of
> interest from GNSO participants in the CCWG.
>

> It strikes me that we cannot evaluate these on subjective criteria
> e.g. a motivation statement from the candidate.
>

> One (and perhaps the only) objective criterion that we could apply is
> participation in the CCWG to date. Logs of participation are recorded
> and so we have the data.
>
> I propose to the Council that we do this and use the data to make an
> objective selection.
>

> https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Attendance+Log+CCWG-Accountability
>

> Since the GNSO participant will necessarily be from only one SG or
> Constituency, it seems reasonable to me that we impress on the
> selected participant / attendee that they take a broad GNSO
> perspective during the course of their participation in LA.
>
> Further, that they remain receptive to input from other GNSO
> participants, as far as possible.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jonathan

---