[council] FW: FW: ICANN Travel Support for 1 additional GNSO attendee to LA Meeting of CCWG - 25 & 26 September

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Fri Sep 18 19:30:34 UTC 2015

From: Greg Shatan [mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com]
Sent: 18 September 2015 19:04
To: Jonathan Robinson <jrobinson at afilias.info>
Subject: Re: FW: ICANN Travel Support for 1 additional GNSO attendee to LA Meeting of CCWG - 25 & 26 September

Jonathan,

Thank you for your email.  I appreciate the GNSO Council considering the opportunity for me to participate in the CCWG-Accountability F2F in person.  As you know, it's much more effective and useful to participate in meetings like this in person, rather than remotely.

I understand the question was raised whether the recipient of this slot should seek to represent the GNSO as a whole, rather than their SG or C.  On the one hand, it would be a little odd to change my perspective for this meeting alone, since this is part of an ongoing process that I've been involved in for 10 months.  On the other hand, I've always tried to take a broad, pragmatic, multistakeholder-oriented view of the CCWG's work and my participation in it.  I think I've generally pulled in the same direction as other GNSO participants, and we've all worked hard together to keep the CCWG moving forward.  Working toward consensus is the hallmark of effective WG participation, and it's a goal I strive for in my participation.

That said, I am going redouble my efforts to work with my fellow GNSO CCWG participants, and to heed their concerns, both at the F2F and otherwise -- not merely because I am in a "GNSO-funded" seat, but because we are at a critical time in the CCWG.  We need to pull together to achieve consensus, resolve issues and bring a final report to the chartering organizations and the community.  In that spirit, I am wide open to input and feedback from both GNSO Council members and GNSO CCWG participants (and the GNSO community generally) about the important issues before us in the CCWG and how best to resolve them for our common good.

I will sign off with my contact information, so you and your colleagues know how to reach me.  I look forward to hearing from you and the Council, both with regard to the decision on funding and the work of the CCWG.

Best regards,

Greg Shatan

mobile: +1 917-816-6428

email: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com>