[council] DRAFT GNSO Council teleconference agenda 14 April 2016 at 21:00 UTC

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Apr 14 18:55:45 UTC 2016

> Em 14 de abr de 2016, à(s) 15:42:000, WUKnoben <wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de> escreveu:
>

> All,
>
> following the discussion on 12 April there is one request to alter recommendation 21 with regards to its suggested level of acceptance.
> I therefore like to introduce the following amendment to the motion:
>
> <<
> Resolved:
>
> 1. The GNSO Council adopts the GNSO Review Recommendations Feasibility and Prioritization analysis (see: http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/review-feasibility-prioritization-25feb16-en.pdf) with the modification of Recommendation 21, that
> the council recommends staff working with the GNSO to institute methods of information sharing of highly relevant research related to gTLDs to help the GNSO community members increase their knowledge base (low priority)
>>>

> I'd like to ask Amr as the seconder of the motion whether he accepts this amendment as friendly.
> I apologize for the late submission and am looking forward to a fruitful discussion.
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolf-Ulrich

Wolf-Urich,

Not to propose any language modifications but to add to the discussion, I would like to mention the RySG comments on this recommendation:
"To the extent it is possible to predict in advance what stakeholder groups may be impacted by future policy development efforts, that would be very helpful. It is probably more likely though to be able to do that after specific policy issues are identified. Certainly, this seems like a very good recommendation to be implemented in Issue Reports. It would make more sense to commission an analysis that is specific to the policy development process, rather than a wide-ranging analysis that may serve no purpose."

Rubens