[council] For Discussion: GNSO Letter to Akram Atallah re: ICANN Harassment Policy

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Tue Apr 19 22:44:55 UTC 2016

I want to restate my +1 to Paul´s comments very specifically on the way
he has phrased some issues questions

> I guess I have my doubts in general about this being the role of the
> GNSO Council.

me too

> Clearly, this is an important issue which affects all members of the
> ICANN community, and not just members of the GNSO.

exactly

> Wouldn't a simple letter (1) making note of the event, (2) making note
> of the lack of a clear policy, and (3) asking the Board to launch a
> CCWG to address this issue (if the Board believes that it and Staff
> together cannot or should not for some reason), be sufficient?  I
> just don't see how the Council should be in the business of making
> specific policy recommendations without a policy process.

see under “picket fence”

> The Council is not a legislative body - our role is to play traffic
> cop to grass roots movements, right?

thats the way I see it and why I added my +1

> Thanks, and sorry if I am missing something here!

I miss clear guidelines from the Corporation on engagement rules for
participants in f2f meetings (like the ones we have in adobe connect
rooms).

Carlos Raul Gutierrez