[council] Call for Volunteers: GNSO Council Liaisons

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Aug 29 21:28:50 UTC 2016

Council Colleagues -

With the Jennifer Gore's recent departure from the Council, along with the creation of the Translation & Transliteration IRT, we need to fill several vacant Council liaison roles, specifically:

·         Translation & Transliteration of gTLD Contact Data PDP IRT

·         IRTP-C PDP IRT

·         IRTP-D PDP IRT

Note that in relation to these last two, the effective date for implementation of the policy has already been announced (1 DEC 2016) and no further IRT meetings are expected, so this role wouldn't take up too much time.

For the T&T IRT, the IRT has recently commenced its deliberations following the adoption of the PDP recommendations by the ICANN Board. Note that under the new IRT Principles & Guidelines (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/irt-principles-guidelines-23aug16-en.pdf<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/irt-principles-guidelines-23aug16-en.pdf)>) , the liaison is expected to relay any concerns or questions from the IRT that need to be addressed by the GNSO Council.

Finally, a liaison is requested for the newly created:

·         GNSO Review Working Group

If you are interested in volunteering for any of these liaison roles, please respond on the mailing list. Ideally we would confirm new appointments on our upcoming GNSO Council call on Thursday ( 1 SEP).

Thank you-

J.