[council] Special Session - 29 FEB

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Feb 18 19:41:02 UTC 2016

Councilors -

Thanks for your effort, dedication and patience as we work through all of the issues currently on our agenda, while in parallel delivering on our responsibilities as a Chartering Organization for the CCWG-Accountablity.

As discussed on today's call, we will go forward with the proposed Special Session on 29 FEB to consider and discuss the Supplemental Report from the CCWG-ACCT (expected publication: tomorrow).  On this call, we will not vote on any of the Recommendations, or the report itself.  There is no associated motion on the table.

Instead, we will use this opportunity to exchange views on the Report, update the Council on the ongoing work within the various SGs/Cs in preparation for Marrakesh, and highlight any problem areas or "red flags" that have been identified in our discussions.

Additionally, we will invite the Appointed Members and several key Participants from the CCWG-ACCT to join our discussions.  These will include:  Becky Burr, Steve DelBianco, Robin Gross, and Thomas Rickert.  I would ask that each House send along a list of 5-7 other key participants who should be invited to attend as well, with the goal of incorporating the diverse spectrum of GNSO positions, but not overloading our call.

Finally, we agreed to re-purpose some of our time on Saturday in Marrakesh as a Public Session of the Council.  I'll work with the Vice Chairs and Staff to adjust our published agenda to reflect this.

Thanks again-

J.