[council] Re: [CCWG-ACCT] A message from the Co-Chairs

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Sat Feb 20 14:24:21 UTC 2016

Hi James,

 I'm happy to defer to your judgement as to how to handle this. A or B: your call.

 ?I do think it may be appropriate to let the CCWG know that their continued delay may make it impossible for us to give them a response by their deadline. Although I hope that repurposing some of our sessions, or even adding some, will allow us to satisfy the working group, a soft reminder that we charter them and not the other way around might help prevent further delay.

 For those who haven't been following the CCWG closely: welcome. I did receive a few private messages telling me that my concern over voting on a moving target was unwarranted as the report would soon be final. I wish events had proven me wrong. Nothing ever seems to be final in the CCWG. Once things seem to be agreed you just sit and wait for the next disruptive bomb to go off. Sad.

 Thanks James.

 Best,

 Ed