[council] Re: [CCWG-ACCT] A message from the Co-Chairs

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Sun Feb 21 10:10:41 UTC 2016

> It is fortunate that the Board provided this input before we published
> the report, since it enables us to assess the potential consequences of
> a Board disagreement later in the process.

Isn't the board opinion simply just that - an opinion (maybe
belonging in with the minority statements)?

There is of course the possibility that they invoke the magic
phrase "global public interest", but that requires 2/3 majority
of the board, and leads to a formal dialogue with the CCWG. Am
I correct in assuming any amendments would then go back to the
chartering organisations for approval one more time?

	Julf