[council] FW: CCWG Final report for your consideration

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Thu Feb 25 15:10:06 UTC 2016

Hi, Bruce,

> If the Board is accused of mission creep or violating its
> bylaws by following GAC advice, and an IRP panel rules in
> favour of the complainant,  then any three of ccnSO, GNSO,
> ASO, and ALAC can remove the Board

I think Paul had the concern that removing the board requires
both a violation of bylaws and a supportive IRP panel ruling.

I agree that the situation is mostly academic, and we are
spending a lot of time thinking up worst case scenarios while
the reason the net still works as well as it does is the
mutual trust of the community, but I think many of us do
realize that the transition, once entered into, can't be
undone, and we are also aware of ICANN's less than brilliant
historical track record in terms of transparency and
accountability.

	Julf