[council] Motion for GNSO Consideration of the CCWG Accountability Third Draft Report

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Mon Jan 11 13:59:36 UTC 2016

Everybody,

I am curious as how we intend to determine the outcome on Thursday.
Do we intend to do a separate voting point on each item in the draft?
How do we reach a trinary result (general support / limited support /
no support) using simple majority?

Personally I am not too happy with those 3 alternatives. To me, the
real alternatives (for each point) are something like:

 - "No issues"
 - "Not happy with the current wording, but can live with it if it
    is a show-stopper for the IANA transition"
 - "Should be refined as part of work stream 2"
 - "No go. Show stopper."

And for those points where the board has expressed reservations, I
guess one more alternative is "Can live with current wording, but
any major back pedalling will be a show stopper and needs another
comment round".

What would be really helpful would be some indication of what
the real show stopper points are from the point of view of
the IANA transition - to me it seems many of the points in the
current draft could (and probably should) really be in work
stream 2.

	Julf