[council] For final review - GNSO Council letter on CCWG Accountability Third Draft Proposal

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at Verisign.com
Fri Jan 22 16:58:58 UTC 2016

Thanks James and Marika.

One comment. During yesterday's call, in the Adobe Chat, Paul agreed to withdraw his suggestion and remove the last part of the paragraph (in red below):

*        The GNSO Council expects that its Response, all of the GNSO SG/C public comments, and the GNSO Council and community's suggested conditions, modifications and concerns will be fully taken into account by the CCWG-Accountability. We expect that the CCWG-Accountability develop a Supplemental Proposal based on the input from its Chartering Organizations and the public, the GNSO Council expects also that it and other Chartering Organizations, and possibly the larger community, will have an adequate opportunity to review and comment on the Supplemental Proposal in a timely fashion, particularly if there are material changes to the recommendations in any Supplemental Proposal.[MK1]

We agreed to include "and possibly the larger community" and just leave it at that. I'm not going to hold up finalizing the communication over this correction, but it should be amended to reflect the AC discussion.

Otherwise, I think the letter and table accurately reflect the discussion and is ready to go.

Thanks!
Keith

From: owner-council at gnso.icann.org [mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of James M. Bladel
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 11:42 AM
To: Marika Konings; GNSO Council List (council at gnso.icann.org)
Subject: Re: [council] For final review - GNSO Council letter on CCWG Accountability Third Draft Proposal

Hi folks -

Just a reminder that we are looking to transmit this to the CCWG -today-.  So please give it one final review & let Marika & I know if you spot any errors or omissions.

Also, if there are no objections, I propose that I could post this to the CCWG list in addition to sending it directly to the Co-Chairs. This would increase visibility and be a show of support for the GNSO participants on the CCWG.  Any objections?

Thanks-

J.