[council] FYI - Draft letter to BFC and CCWG-ACCT Chairs, requesting webinar on Cost Control Mechansisms

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Jul 7 13:11:07 UTC 2016

Council Colleagues -
Following from our discussions in Helsinki, please see below for a draft letter (email) that will be sent to the BFC and the CCWG-ACCT Co Chairs.
Please let me know if you have any questions or edits.
Thank you -
J.
Dear Members of the Board Finance Committee, Dear CCWG-Accountability Chairs,
On behalf of the GNSO Council, I would like to request a webinar to brief the GNSO Council and the broader GNSO Community on the Proposed Cost Control Mechanisms, as well as the request for validation of the CCWG-Accountability Budget.
We appreciate the information provided by email and presented by Xavier during the GNSO meetings in Helsinki, but the GNSO Council would appreciate a clear overview of what, specifically, is being requested from the GNSO as a chartering organization, along the the expected timeframe for approval. As the next GNSO Council meeting is scheduled for 21 July, this webinar would ideally take place well before that meeting in order to provide GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies sufficient opportunity to review this information, and provide instructions to their representatives at the Council meeting.
Otherwise, because there is no Council in meeting scheduled for August, this topic will be taken up by the GNSO Council during its next meeting in September.
If needed, the GNSO Secretariat is available to assist with the planning and scheduling of the webinar.
Thank you,

James Bladel
GNSO Chair